10.04.2012

Still

Growing only to realise that I haven't grown one bit. I still make the same mistakes; I still think the same way; I still fear; I still fall; I am still learning to love; I am still learning to hold on; I am still learning to cherish; I am still the same, or at least I think I am.

I still let the absence of your company drive emptiness through my being.
I still let the small passing glares of yours send my mind on a whirlpool of possibilities.
I still let the smirks of yours drive me insane (you can't imagine what the smiles do).

When will I learn that these small exchanges, these glances, these jokes, these touches, these soft touches against your rough fingers and these magical, magical moments..that they are just transient, just fleeting.
Just passing teenage folly that I will one day, possibly miss; That I will one day look back and go "When I was 17, I was so foolish..."

Till the day I know that I have grown, will I surrender my being to earth, "And I shall be useful when I lie down finally:/ Then the trees may touch me for once, and the flowers have time for me."


No comments: