12.04.2011

Sink into Me





4th December; Aladdin with Cherisse @NLB's Drama Centre. It's definitely funnier than Emily of Emerald Hill, but both really good local productions. As of late, I have developed an uncanny interest in some of the reference material in the library. Guess it's finally my turn to understand the joy of reading. Bought a book on Khalil Gibran's works.


"The significance of man is not in what he attains but what he longs to attain" says Gibran. And this coincides with what Lacan says, that it is not the fantasy or desire that is important, but the road to making our fantasies reality that is truly what we want.


And I am forced to believe again that it is not that one really likes another, but relishes the FEELING and THOUGHT of being preoccupied with loving someone else MORE than ourselves, because we always have a reason to love others more.




It was never transactional for me.



Show me now; show me the arms aloft.

No comments: